Pineapple Fruit Cake


Most people think if you can cook you can bake, unfortunately that's not true for me. I have tried numerous cake recipes and failed the cakes were either too dry or didn't rise .
I then found a fruit cake recipe that even I could make :) so here it is a foolproof fruit cake recipe that's delicious and easy to make.

The Prep time is 15 mins and bake time is an hour and half.













Ingredients
150g Brown Sugar
300g Mixed Fruit
100g Cherries 
100g Butter
150g tinned pineapple
175ml pineapple juice
Pinch of cinnamon (optional)

When I have made the cake I have substituted the 100g of cherries with 100g of dried fruit as I am not a fan of glace cherries.

Mix all the ingredients and bring to boil in a saucepan, reduce the heat and simmer gently on a low heat. Leave the mixture to cool and then add 2 eggs and 200g self raising flour to the cooled mixture and mix well with a spoon. Bake in a preheated oven for 90 minutes at 150 degrees.





Let me know if you bake this cake and found it as easy I as I did !


Comments